You can invite volunteers to start logging hours when you first add them to the system or later on in bulk. You can also send invitations to volunteers to self-register. This article talks more about adding volunteers.
Invitations give volunteers instructions on how to log in (if you've set up their account) or self-register (if they don't have an account set up yet).
Go to Organizer Dashboard
To Invite Multiple Volunteers (with an account):
- Click on Volunteers.
- In the List of Volunteers section, check off their names.
- Then in the actions drop-down select Send Invitation
- Click on Run and follow the remaining instructions
To Invite One Volunteer (Right After Creating an Account):
- Click on the Volunteers tab.
- On the left-hand side is a form to fill out for adding a new volunteer.
- After the form is filled out, click on the checkbox next to Send Invitation.
- Click on Add Volunteer.
To Invite Volunteers to Register an Account:
- Click on the Promote tab
- Copy the link on top of the page in the section called Share This Link with Other Volunteers and paste to share within any other form of communication - Website, email, etc.
If you'd like to customize your email template, you can read more about it here.