Organizer Dashboard >> Settings >> Hour Log (Configure):
This is the first step you will be prompted in completing in the 3 step setup wizard.
- Choose how you want your volunteers to enter their hours (from a set of listed hours or to type in any amount of hours using the free-form field).
- Free-form field - freely input any number increment for hours you would like to submit rather than select from only hour and .5 hour increments.
Categorize submissions by activity, organization or don't use either and customize your own fields by adding additional fields such as mileage, cash or tools. When you add additional fields you can:
- Name: Title your fields. By clicking the (+) next to Name field you can also choose if you would like this field to be sorted in any particular way:
- Required - if you would like your volunteers to be automatically prompted to fill out this field.
- Organizer Only - meaning only the Organizer (the owner and manager) will be able to view the information in this field.
- Type: Use the right side drop down tab (v) to set the information to be entered as either:
- text, numeric or from a drop down menu
- add items to the drop down menu by filling in the "Add New Item" box that appears when you click "Drop Down"
As you configure these fields there is a live preview box that updates as you enter changes so you can see what your volunteers will see as they fill out the set fields.
Also, in Organizer Dashboard >> Settings >> More Settings >> Other Configurations. You can:
- Set a start date for your volunteer submissions. This will be reflected in your reports, milestones and graphs.
- Edit your drop down houroptions if you chose drop down instead of free-form field.
- i.e. choose which increments the choose from like .5 or .15 for fifteen minute increments.
- Allow Future Time Entry - allow volunteers to enter future hours.
- Allow New Activity Entry - enable if you want volunteers to be able to creat their own activity fields.
- Choose labels for your volunteers and activities. Be creative if you like and instead of the title of your Hour log as "Volunteer" you can change it to "Parent" or "Do-gooder". Or make "Activities" into "Classroom" or "Location", etc.
- Notes - remove the "notes" box if needed.
- Hide Volunteers - means "Hide from volunteers". During inital setup everything in this section is displayed to your volunteers in their dashboard. In this section disable charts your don't need your volunteers to see.
- Enable Public Display of Volunteer Name - If you want to allow people who are not part of your site to see volunteer names, enable this.
- Make sure to save your changes