As the owner of the Organization account, you can also customize what types of information you would like your volunteers to provide when they create a new user account. This can help you manage volunteers in a more organized way and can make it easier to sort your volunteers by group or activities.
Configuring Volunteer Profile is the third step you will be prompted to complete in the 3 step setup wizard, but you can modify these settings later on at any time by doing the following.
Go to Organizer Dashboard
Click on the Settings tab, then click on Volunteers
You can choose if you would like to approve all submitted hours as they are entered by volunteers.
You can choose to approve each new volunteer that register to Track it Forward for your organization.
You can add additional profile fields that you would like to manage your volunteers by. Name and email are the minimum requirements, however you can be creative and use the fields for many other types of information. Once fields are added you can sort and filter volunteers based on specific fields.
To add additional fields:
- Click on Add Profile Field
- Insert a Name: Title your fields.
- Select Type in the drop-down:
- Text Field: limited space for text, best for short answers.
- Paragraph: Memo box for a lot of text, best for long answers
- Drop down: List of options to choose one from
- Checkboxes: List of options to choose multiple of
- Radios: List of radio button options to choose one from
- Date: Date field in the following format - MM/DD/YYYY
For additional options to apply to each new field, click on the "+" next to the Name field
- Description: short text to help your volunteers understand the field
- Required: Volunteer won't be able to submit until that field is filled out
- Display Name - if you would like the name of this field to be visible in the volunteer's public profile
- Organizer Only: ONLY the Organizer (the owner and manager) will be able to see this field
- Collapsed: the field options will be collapsed until they are expanded
- Grouping: use grouping if you are trying to allow some volunteers to be in the same group with a common identifier. When volunteers are part of the same group they can contribute their hours to the same volunteer requirement or achievement level.
- ie: if two parents would like to contribute to one milestone (40 hours of classroom volunteering over the course of 1 school year), but want to have two separate volunteer accounts they can reach a family milestone. You can sort and filter them by that field.
To remove fields:
Hover over the Name or Type fields and click on the "X" icon on the right
To move up or down the fields:
Hover over the Name or Type fields and click on the "up" or "down" icons on the right.
As you configure these fields there is a live preview box that updates as you enter changes so you can see what your volunteers will see as they fill out the set fields.
To view a volunteer's profile:
Go to Organizer Dashboard:
Click on the Volunteers tab, then under List of Volunteers, click on the volunteer's name.
Here you can view their profile, email, change password, permissions in the various tabs.